The oldest and highest bridge in Kiev
The oldest bridge in the capital is Paton Bridge, the history of its design began back in 1904. At that time, Paton’s bridge was supposed to connect two parks: Mariinsky and Khreshchaty, as a result, a bridge of lovers formed in this place after many years.
The construction of the Paton Bridge was continued only after the war and was completed in 1953. Its creator - Eugene Paton, in whose honor the name was given to the bridge, did not live to see the grand opening of his offspring of his whole life, only 3 months. Paton Bridge is located at: Reunification Avenue - Peoples' Friendship Boulevard.
The south bridge is the highest in Ukraine, its height was 135 meters, and its construction took more than 200 million dollars. The South Bridge is located at: Saperno-Slobodskaya Street - Nikolay Bazhan Avenue.